Sunday 9 September 2012

Draw this again contest


Deviantart are currently holding a competition where they're asking for artists to take a previous piece of art and redo it with their current skills. To see how much you've learned and to see what you need to improve on in future work. I've been posting on deviantart since I was a wee teenager, I've chosen a piece and here's some of the progress I've made. 

Here's the original meme


...and here's the piece I did 7 years ago when I was 17. S:

I chose this one because I remember going out side of my comfort zone and learning new things. Also I remember wanting a sense of wonder so I'm going to try and keep and feeling in the new version.


And here's some of the sketches and preliminary value and colour tests for the new piece, to interpret this older piece I've had to use some creative license to make up for my younger selfs lack of understanding of perspective, compositions, anatomy and well most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment